Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form. Ability to solve problems related to the operation of the dishwashing equipment and the assigned cleaning procedures.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Washes and inspects all dishwater and glassware. Stores clean utensils, dishes and glassware in proper places.
- Keeps dishwashing machine and dish room in clean operating condition. Promptly Reports any multifunctions or breakdowns of equipment to Food Service Manager.
- Sweeps and mops kitchen area and waitstaff station and cleans filter over stove area.
- Delivers ice to dining room.
- May assistantships waitstaff with serving and bringing in dishes to kitchen, when necessary.
- May deliver meals to residents in the apartments, when necessary.
- Performs assigned cleaning assignments according to established policies and utilises the proper cleaning chemicals. Keeps work areas clean and uncluttered.
- Ensures that dishes are readily available for the next meal. Stores dishes in the proper location in a way to prevent contamination.
- Ensures that the department is maintained in a safe manner according to established policies. Reports all hazardous conditions/equipment and malfunctioning equipment to the supervisor and/or maintenance, as directed. Operates institutional food preparation equipment according to manufacturer and supervisory instructions.
- Reports all accidents/incidents as established by facility policies. Completes and files reports as directed.
- Maintains confidentiality of all resident personal information to ensure resident rights are protected.
- Adheres to departmental dress code and good hygiene and safety practices.
- Understands and complies with Five Start Attendance Standards Policy.
- Completes work assignments within specific time frames.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates active listening techniques, gains support through effective relationships, treats others with dignity and respect and seeks feedback.
Continuing Education: Attends in0services programs set up for the employees.
Physical Demands: Ability to lift a minimum of 40 pounds, stand for extended periods of time, carry, reach, bend, finger, grasp and feel. Must be in good general health and demonstrate emotional stability. Must be able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of the position with includes adherence to time constraints.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described are representative of those an effective in the work environment with residents and other staff members.Apply Online Now
- Trained in required topics as previously listed
- Physical strength and dexterity
- C.N.A. preferred but not mandatory
- Promote the well-being and functional independence of each client by participating with assigned clients in core programming and assisting with activities of daily living, including meal service
- Assist clients in maintaining a clean and tidy living environment
- Assist the client by observing and reporting any change in behavior and/or physical function to nursing
- May provide medication reminders to clients or hand over hand assistance with medications and minor personal care needs. Assisting with bathing and grooming of the client
- Practice safety by adhering to all procedures, including infection control
Temperament / Aptitude:
- Follow instructions
Chain of Command:
Reports to Director of Health and Wellness.