Imagine waking up with the sun and enjoying a cup of coffee as you plan out your afternoon. You grab your sunhat, your picnic lunch, and a book and head out for a relaxing day beside the water. This lovely dream could become a reality if you decide to retire in Florida. From restaurants and shopping to nature and history, there are so many enjoyable things to do in Riverview, Florida. Whether you’re visiting for a week or settling down roots, make the most out of your time in this gorgeous Floridian town.
Things to Do in Riverview, Florida
Where to Dine
One of the keys to a good day in Riverview is to make sure you are well fed. After all, you’ll need some sustenance to keep you going. Locals and visitors alike recommend these places to grab a meal:
- For Breakfast: The Egg & I specializes in traditional American breakfasts. Enjoy a fresh juice on the patio as you greet the day.
- For Lunch:Allow yourself to be transported to the Greek islands at Acropolis Greek Taverna. The menu features several lighter options like the vegetarian moussaka with eggplant, zucchini, and onions. If you’re in the mood for something heavier, go with the pastitsio pasta with ground beef. And of course, no Greek meal is complete without a hummus platter.
- For Dinner:If you’re looking for a place to unwind after a day exploring the town, look no further than Cappy’s Pizzeria. From thin crust to deep dish, this cozy pizza joint serves all sorts of pizza pie.
Where to Spend an Afternoon
- Visit the International Independent Showmen’s Museum to learn more about the history of carnivals. You can view antique show wagons, rides, and other relics.
- When it comes to things to do in Riverview, Florida, spending a day in nature tops the list. The Balm-Boyette Scrub Nature Preserve is technically in Wimauma, Florida, which is just 20 minutes away from Riverview. From sunrise to sunset, you can take advantage of the trails and overlook 800 acres of intact scrub habitat.
- Just a quick 15-minute drive outside of Riverview will take you to the Tampa Electric Manatee Viewing Center. Entertain your inner child and take in the gorgeous sites of manatees and colorful displays.
- Grab your bowling shoes and head on over to the Alley at South Shore. This bowling alley even has a pub and grill located inside.
- Stroll along the cool waters of the Alafia River, which empties into the Tampa Bay.
Where to Shop
If you’re in a market for a gift or you simply want to treat yourself, check out these unique shops in Riverview, Florida:
- Be Happy Boutique is a great go-to store for the women in your life. This store sells everything from candles and beauty products to gifts and dresses.
- If you love digging through treasures from days gone by, pay a visit to Riverview Flea Market. Peruse the aisles that look like they are straight out of an I Spy book as you search for the next addition to your mug collection.
- Brandon, Florida, is just 10 minutes away from Riverview. Here, you can find the Westfield Brandon Shopping Mall, which has stores like Aldo, bareMinerals, Chico’s, Dick’s Sporting Goods, Fossil, and Macy’s.
You won’t run out of enjoyable things to do in Riverview, Florida. Get out there and explore the town for yourself.
Are you looking for a relaxing place to retire in Riverview, Florida? Check out the Crossings at Riverview, located near Tampa, Florida. We invite you to tour our community, meet our friendly staff, and see our amenities first-hand. Overlooking the Alafia River on twelve beautiful acres, the Crossings at Riverview offers a relaxing atmosphere, and our talented team is committed to cultivating a welcoming and vibrant community. Our goal is to make our community feel like home for all of our residents. To schedule a tour, call 813-671-0222 or contact us online. We look forward to meeting you!